The Center for Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery is a dynamic office with multiple departments offering outstanding care for our cosmetic and reconstructive patients. We are seeking a Patient Representative for one of our four surgeons.
We are fortunate to have a top team of professionals, who are extremely dedicated to providing excellent client/patient experience and results. Our team members are hardworking, ambitious and love to learn. We are a true family and we are looking for like-minded people and like-spirited people to join us.
We are hiring a talented, energetic, eager to learn and self-starting experienced administrative staff member.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Educate new and established patients regarding available services (cosmetic surgery, non-surgical procedures like injectables and lasers, reconstructive surgery)
- Discuss patient financial responsibility and insurance requirements
- Coordinate/schedule medical and surgical services with patients, healthcare offices and surgical facilities
- Ensure appropriate insurance authorizations are obtained and payment is collected for services including copays, deductibles and outstanding balances
- Input patient data, post payments and schedule patient appointments in electronic practice management system
- Ensure all necessary paperwork, operational needs and communications are completed to provide for a smooth patient experience and maximum physician efficiency.
- Schedule and maintain physician’s personal schedule and clinic/surgical schedule
Duties also include supporting high telephone volume, appointment scheduling, insurance verification/authorization, payment collection, daily balancing and data entry.
- Must possess 3-5 years prior medical office experience, preferable with surgery scheduling and insurance prior authorization/verification experience.
- Minimum of Associates Degree required
- Must possess professional demeanor, strong organizational skills and excellent communication/customer service skills both in person and on the phone.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Excellent computer/Microsoft Office skills required, including demonstrated proficiency using a practice management system and experience working with EMR templates/scheduling.
- Sales experience a plus.
- Orientation program provided
- Full-time position
- No nights/weekends
- Convenient on-site parking
- Private medical setting located on the campus of St. Joseph Mercy Hospital
- Healthcare benefits included
- Long term disability
- Life insurance
- Vacation pay
- Holiday pay
Qualified candidates should submit cover letter, resume and completed application (see below). Fax to 734.712.2312 or email to email@example.com. No phone calls please.