The Center for Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery is a dynamic office with multiple departments offering outstanding patient care. We are seeking Registered Nurses for our growing company.
We are fortunate to have a top team of professionals, who are extremely dedicated to providing excellent client/patient experience and results. Our team members are hardworking, ambitious, and love to learn. We are a true family and we are looking for like-minded people and like-spirited people to join us.
Office and Surgical Nurse- Contingent/Part-time
We are hiring a talented, energetic, eager to learn, and self-starting experienced RN.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Facilitate clinic office hours, including escorting patients to exam rooms whenever possible
- Remove dressing sutures
- Assist surgeon with procedures, including treatment room procedures
- Provide pre-and post-op instructions to patients
- Review lab results prior to surgery
- Take photographs as necessary
- Accurately enter all necessary documentation into electronic medical record
- Coordinate with Nurse Supervisor to assure patients are called the day before in-patient surgery for last-minute reminders or questions
- Circulate, Scrub, Preop, and Recovery in Cosmetic Surgery Center as necessary, including assisting the surgical team with preparations and cleanup of the operating room
- Phone triage patients’ medical questions (i.e. prescription refills)
- Complete insurance forms (i.e. for employer’s workers comp insurance co., auto insurance companies) as necessary
- Assist Nursing Supervisor with the ordering of clinic and surgery supplies
BSN preferred but not required. Must be a graduate of an accredited school of Nursing.
2-3 years of experience in Perioperative Nursing is required and OR ICU experience or clinical (office setting) experience.
Degrees, Licensure, and/or Certification:
Must have current RN licensure in the state of Michigan. BLS required.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Must have sound clinical patient care experience and OR skills (circulating and recovery required, scrub experience preferred) and have excellent interpersonal skills and organizational capability
- Strong technical/clinical skills
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Strong computer skills – EMR ready
Distinguishing Characteristics of this Level: The intent of this job description is to provide the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
- Orientation program provided
- Contingent/Part-time position
Job Type: Part-time
All employees are expected to complete daily health screening prior to starting a shift. All employees are expected to adhere to COVID-19 precautions including PPE and social distancing.
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.