Our practice is growing and we need to expand our team of medical assistants and nurses. If you are a caring, hard-working team player with a passion for health and wellness – please apply. We offer competitive wages and benefit package, no working evenings, weekends or holidays, free parking and a great working environment with some very nice perks!
Patient Representative position available for busy 4 surgeon Ann Arbor/Ypsilanti plastic surgery practice. Full-time position. No nights/weekends and convenient on-site parking. Private medical office setting located on the complex of St. Joseph Mercy Ann Arbor Hospital. Fun, energetic work environment where professionalism and teamwork are key attributes of our staff.
Our Patient Representatives provide the following list of duties:
-educate new and established patients regarding available services;
-discuss patient financial responsibility and insurance requirements;
-coordinate/schedule medical and surgical services with patients, healthcare offices, and surgical facilities;
-ensure appropriate insurance authorizations are obtained and payment is collected for services, including copays, deductibles, and outstanding balances;
-input patient data, post payments, and schedule patient appointments in electronic practice management system;
-ensure all necessary paperwork, operational needs, and communications are completed to provide for a smooth patient experience and maximum physician efficiency.
Duties also include supporting high telephone volume, appointment scheduling, insurance verification/authorization, payment collection, daily balancing and data entry.
• Must possess 3-5 years prior medical office experience, preferably with surgery scheduling and insurance prior authorization/verification experience;
• Minimum of Associates Degree required;
• Must possess professional demeanor, strong organizational skills, and excellent communication/customer service skills, both in person and via telephone;
• Ability to work effectively as a team member and prioritize multiple tasks;
• Excellent computer/Microsoft Office skills required, including demonstrated proficiency using a practice management system and experience working with EMR templates/scheduling.
Qualified candidates should submit cover letter and resume. Fax to 734.712.2312 or email to email@example.com.