Laser Hair Removal Ann Arbor
The Medical Spa at the Center for Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery offers the “gold standard” in laser hair removal with the most up-to-date and effective technology on the market. The Lightsheer Duet offers faster, more comfortable treatments with exceptional results, effectively removing unwanted hair from the face and body, eliminating the need for shaving or waxing.
Our expertly trained team of hair-removal specialists can help you permanently reduce unwanted hair on your body or face-for a difference you can see and feel!
- Treats most skin types.
- Treats most hair colors. Only hairs darker than the skin in the area to be treated will be effectively removed. White hair will not respond to treatment. Light blonde or light red hair may not respond to treatment but, dark blonde or dark red hair may have a good response to treatment.
- Maximum patient safety and comfort.
- Trained, certified professionals
The LightSheer family of diode laser systems uses concentrated beams of light to safely and precisely target hair follicles, while avoiding the surrounding skin. Laser hair removal can help you significantly decrease hair from the following areas:
- Face: upper lip, between the eyebrows, chin, jaw, sideburns, or neck
- Torso: underarms, chest, décolleté, abdomen, shoulders, back, or bikini area
- Extremities: legs, thighs, arms, hands, fingers, or toes
Laser hair removal provides a safe, efficient, effective alternative for significantly reducing unwanted hair and revealing beautiful, smooth skin underneath.
Hair removal with laser technology involves using focused light energy to penetrate the hair shaft, destroy the hair root, and damage the follicle. Most laser hair removal treatments in our office take 15 to 30 minutes, depending on the size of the treatment area. For optimal results, patients typically require a series of six treatments completed six to ten weeks apart.
Who is a good candidate for this procedure?
Women and men of all ages choose to have laser hair removal to permanently reduce excessive or unwanted hair on their face or body. Millions of patients safely undergo these treatments each year in the United States alone.
During your consultation for laser hair removal, our Medical Spa team will help you determine whether this is the right procedure to meet your goals.
How to prepare for laser hair removal?
It is important to be prepared before you arrive at your appointment for laser hair removal. When you contact our medical spa for the appointment, you will be given instructions to help prepare your skin for the procedure.
Four weeks prior to your appointment:
- Avoid the sun and/or a tanning bed and sunless tanning lotions for about four weeks before the appointment.
- Do not wax or tweeze the area being treated as it can disturb the hair follicles that you want removed with the laser.
One week prior to your appointment:
- Make sure you are not taking any medications that cause light sensitivity prior to each treatment and avoid the use of topical medications that cause light sensitivity on the area being treated ie the face.
Within 24-hours before your appointment:
- Shave all areas desired to be treated.
What else should I know about laser hair removal?
- Patients may need touch-up treatments to maintain results.
- Common side effects immediately following the procedure include redness and minor irritation, but both should subside in a day or two.
- You should understand that all cosmetic procedures carry the potential for risks, which will be fully discussed with you during your consultation.