The Center for Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery offers rhinoplasty in Ann Arbor, MI, sometimes called a “nose job,” to help people from Plymouth, Brighton, and other surrounding communities feel more attractive and confident. Our team of 4 board-certified plastic surgeons has extensive experience reshaping the nose and is known for providing natural-looking results.
Who Is a Good Candidate for Rhinoplasty?
While our surgeons typically strive to provide subtle rhinoplasty results, this procedure can make a significant improvement in the way the nose looks and functions. Benefits include:
- Enhancing a nose that is cosmetically unattractive or does not fit with other facial features.
- Correcting abnormalities in nose shape or functioning caused by birth defects, injury or disease.
What Are the Benefits of Rhinoplasty?
Nose reshaping gives a more attractive nasal shape and a nose that is in better proportion with other facial features.
How Is Rhinoplasty Performed?
A nose reshaping procedure is performed on an outpatient basis under sedation with local anesthesia.
- Standard rhinoplasty: Incisions are made inside the nostrils. The nasal bones, cartilage, and soft tissues are reshaped to improve the external contour.
- Open rhinoplasty: Frequently used for difficult or larger noses. Involves one external incision across the columella (strut between the nostrils). Bones, cartilage, and soft tissues are reshaped under direct vision.
- Tip-plasty: If only the nasal tip needs reshaping, it may be corrected with either a standard or open approach.
Rhinoplasty may be combined with chin augmentation for increased facial balance.
What Is Recovery Like After Rhinoplasty?
Rhinoplasty patients go home with an external cast or splint in place that is usually removed in 1 to 2 weeks. Initial discomfort is easily controlled with oral medication. Most swelling and bruising subsides progressively over 2 to 4 weeks.
External sutures (if any) are removed in 4 to 7 days. Internal sutures dissolve.
Read more about the recovery time following a procedure here.
When Will I See My Final Rhinoplasty Results?
Intermediate results are evident in 3 months. The final result is evident in 12 to 14 months.
Nose reshaping is not covered by insurance if being done for cosmetic reasons. The patient is responsible for payment. If the nasal deformity is due to recent injury, insurance coverage may be available. Ask your insurance company for specifics on coverage and pre-authorization, if required.Schedule a Consultation