BBL™, Forever Young BBL™, & Forever Clear BBL™
Intense pulsed light (IPL) and Broad Band Light (BBL) are safe, effective skin treatments for sun damage, redness, brown spots, acne, and more. At the Center for Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, we are proud to introduce Sciton’s BroadBand Light (BBL™) system, today’s most powerful IPL device, to give our Ann Arbor patients skin rejuvenation and acne treatment with minimal downtime.
What is BBL?
BBL uses high-intensity pulses of light energy to close and remove visible vessels and repair damaged cells in your skin without harming its surface. BBL treatments also stimulate the production of new cells and collagen. We offer this treatment option for men and women whose skincare goals include one or more of the following:
- Minimize redness due to fragile capillaries or rosacea
- Fade brown spots, age spots, freckles, or melasma
- Smooth wrinkles and fine lines
- Tighten pores and improve skin texture due to scarring or acne
- Reduce visible spider veins and capillaries
- Pregnant or breastfeeding women
- Epilepsy or diseases stimulated by light
- Herpes simplex virus (cold sore), tattoos, active infections, dysplastic nevi (atypical moles), or inflammatory skin conditions in the treatment area
- Spray tan, an active sun tan, or sunburn in the treatment area
- Use of Accutane within the past six months
- Injection of neurotoxins or filler within the treatment area 1 week prior to treatment
- Use of photosensitizing medications such as; retinol, hydroquinone, certain antibiotics or steroids 48 hours prior to treatment
- Very dark skin may not be treated due to high risk of burning
- Four weeks prior to treatment stop prolonged sun exposure, artificial tanning, or the use of self-tanners
- Wait at least 1 week after receiving injectable treatments in the treatment area
- 48 hours prior to treatment stop the use of photosensitizing medications such as; retinol, hydroquinone, certain antibiotics or steroids
- If you have a history of cold sores a prophylactic treatment is recommended to prevent an outbreak (please contact your healthcare provider for a prescription)
What is Forever Young BBL?
Forever Young BBL™ addresses the same concerns as corrective BBL while improving the skin’s tone and texture. Regular treatment can actually prevent future signs of aging.
What Can You Expect Following Your Treatment?
During the brief treatment sessions, most patients experience minimal discomfort and little to no downtime. Any remaining redness, swelling, or irritation can be reduced by applying cold packs to treated areas. In a few hours, these symptoms will resolve. Brown spots will first darken and then gradually peel and flake off, revealing your clearer skin underneath, while skin texture and appearance will continue to improve for months following treatment.
What is Forever Clear BBL?
Forever Clear BBL treatments use specific wavelengths of light energy to clear active acne and the associated redness and inflammation. It is performed in our office using the following 2 steps:
- The blue wavelength of BBL is used to target acne bacteria deep in the pores.
- Yellow BBL is used to reduce inflammation and redness.
For best results, we recommend weekly treatments until all concerns have cleared.
Schedule a Consultation