Why ASPS Certification Matters
Doctors Certified by the American Society of Plastic Surgeons Here in Ann Arbor
Here at the Center for Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery in Ann Arbor, Michigan, Dr. Hing, Dr. Beil and Dr. Sherick are certified by the ASPS (American Society of Plastic Surgeons) and Dr. Charafeddine is in the process of earning his board certification. Some may wonder what this means and why it is important. Let us assure you that this is a key characteristic you should look for when searching for a plastic surgeon. Unfortunately, there are many doctors without plastic surgical training that advertise cosmetic surgery procedures to the public.
What it means to be ASPS Certified:
- 6 years of surgical training – 3 years clinical surgical training, 3 years plastic surgery residency.
- Passed oral and written ASPS exams to become board certified.
- Certified members must complete comprehensive testing and continued education requirements in order to maintain board-certification.
- Only operates in accredited facilities
- Follows a strict code of ethics
If you keep an eye out for this logo when you’re searching for a doctor, you can get a much better idea of their credentials. Although these credentials do not guarantee specific results, you will at least have an understanding of their education level, surgical experience, and ethics.